Cracks on facade's render - subsidence?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I see there are a plenty of questions like these.

We moved to this property not long ago and there were a few cracks on the facade with this one mostly being very prominent. Could this be a subsidence since it's run as if it's stepped?

The inside of the property has cracks as well but none of them is more than 2mm. The area is not listed as one of subsidence.

I know I can hire structural engineer but I don't have £800 at the moment to spare.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Attachments

• 1714552027394.png
    1714552027394.png
    887.3 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Not necessarily subsidence, but indicative of movement in the wall (or leaf of a cavity wall if not cracked internally) and not of more common thermal movement.

Not necessarily subsidence, but indicative of movement in the wall (or leaf of a cavity wall if not cracked internally) and not of more common thermal movement.
There are internal cracks but not on the 1st floor but ground floor. These cracks mostly appeared last two summers, and probably a factor was that the drain near that part of the house was leaking into the soil just like that for 12-15 months before I discovered it. I've stopped the leak but still wonder if what exactly caused it and if it will continue?

Thanks for your comment!

Sponsored Links
The cracking would need to be in the same place on the internal side of the wall for it to be a significant structural issue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back