Depth of 110mm Pipe inside house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have cut and dug trenches inside my cottage for drainage and WC as per below. I cant find any guidance on depth inside they should be. BS EN 12056-2:2000 only seems to mention outdoor etc. The floor will have 40mm insulation, then 60mm screed on top.

I can go too deep, as I need to get the run to connect to existing Septic tank.

poo pipe.png

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

Sponsored Links
There isn't really a regulation for it as far as i know. obviously go as deep as you can with your invert level. Outdoors if a pipe must be shallow for some reason then its protected with a concrete capping, of course indoors thats going to happen anyway.

For saftey place some dpm/dpc over the pipe to give a clear difference in back fill and thus giving someone in the future a chance of finding it without damage.

very impressed with the neatness of that trench. What wheel is it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the info.

I cant trench lower than 300mm as I need to get the fall required to join into the chamber outside and onward to the septic tank. I will concrete over once I get the levels set etc.

I just used a Stihl saw to cut the edges and broke out the middle, I am a bit if a neat freak so guess that shows.

No chance of being in for Christmas, doing all the work myself we are looking at another year at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back