Soil stack inspection hole.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a cast iron soil stack which has a small leak from the picture attached. Beneath the plastic collar is a hole which was cut into the cast iron pipe to clear a blockage years ago. The hole is about 2" x 1" . Just had a render job on the outside so replacing the cast iron pipe is not going to happen. Ideally I need to take off the collar and cover the inspection hole. I've read about steel epoxy resin or could I just take off the collar, silicone around the hole which looks like what they have done in the past and push the collar back on. Next doors has also been done but it looks like theirs has been done correctly with a round rubber bung used to close their access when they had a blockage. Is there a collar.or.something similar you can buy where is wraps around the soil pipe and then you can tighten it to create a seal. Something like this https://www.toolstation.com/flexible-connector/p25396
1000025628.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back