TEMPUS ONE TIMESWITCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if someone could advise me.
I moved our timeswitch for the central heating... thought i'd wired it back up the same but now.... heating still works on timer, but it is ignoring the thermostat, this was working previiously so obviously i've messed up somewhere, a picture of the wiring now sitting in 'my albums'
I thought it would come into the message, but obviously not, so the URL is here

//www.diynot.com/network/phoenix1275/albums/

i've drawn the wires onto a copy of he wiring diagram, hope it makes sense.

Thanks in advance[/img]

Sponsored Links
I have looked at your diagram
and looking at far right No 4 it seems you have a grey wire connected to a green wire that does not look right. But there are no standard colours and without more information it shows very little. What cable goes where.

Hi ericmark, thanks for your quick reply. I've looked at the switch for the combi and there is a five core flex coming from the boiler (blue, black, green grey and brown), to the switch in the heating cupboard and then the timer is fed from the switch. I think the best thing would be for me to photograph the boiler switch and upload it :confused: Is there anything else you would need from me?

There are so many central heating systems that to work out what you have is quite hard. From the photo you up loaded I would assume central heating only and no hot water yet you say there is a junction box in your airing cupboard some one may work out what you have.
Any motorised valves if so how many port.
Do you heat domestic water and if so is there a temperature device clipped onto the tank.
Which of the two wires you show goes where.
When you up load your pictures you will see a [ with NET in then ]and some thing between and another [ with / NET and a ] if you copy and paste that into the reply the picture will show.

Sponsored Links
Hi again

I've taken the photo... there are an awful lot of wires so not sure if you will be able to make sense of them from the photos. The right hand cable that I drew on the diagram from the original post (ie cable with grey wire) goes to the power switch in the airing cupboard and then onto boiler so I presume the other cable is connected to the thermostat downstairs. As far as how many ports and valves on the heating system, i'm afraid i have no idea... system is run from a combi which heats radiators and hot water, boiler can switch between hot water only or radiators and water if that is any help

The photo is a little crowded with wires so hope this explanation helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey from boiler connects to brown from programmer in connector block
Black from boiler connects to grey from programmerin connector block
Blue from boiler connects with black from programmer in switch

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back