Valliant boiler manual required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone identify this Valliant boiler type (see picture). I would like to get the manual in order to check the programming of it. There is no hint as to a model number. I've searched around, but everything I find seems to have a digital control, where as this has a manual timer. I'm not sure where else to turn.

I've also got a drayton t45 thermostat on a wall. The boiler doesn't seem to care about the temporature setting (Ie always on, but I know it's wired up.. Recent builder moved.. ggrrr). Is it possible it's wired round the wrong way? I've take off the wall, it has three wires. The diag has:

Pins:
1 - N
2 - L
3 - 1
4 - 2
5 - 3 Call

To be clear, here is a picture:

I'm colour blind, but N appears to be blue, L appears to be red (or brown) and 3/Call appears to be yellow.

Any idea which two wires I need to switch around?

Thanks and kind regards

sp33dy

Sponsored Links
whats your email address or alternatively you can contact Vaillant themselves you know,they wont bite and they will definetly send out the manual to you normally via an email

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/[/QUOTE]

Doh.. Sometimes the simplest answer is the one I've overlooked. I'll ping them an email now...

Any thoughts over the thermostat wiring? I'm gradually building up my knowledge. Apparently all it's doing is completing the circuit, in order to allow/disable the boiler. I get that. I see that the L is live and has a voltage (purely from checking there is one, not knowing how much).

Kind regards

sp33dy

you only need to use 1 and 3 for switching,I dont normally give out electrical information because if there is chance that you dont know what you are doing exactly then you may damage the PCB on your boiler

Sponsored Links
you only need to use 1 and 3 for switching,I dont normally give out electrical information because if there is chance that you dont know what you are doing exactly then you may damage the PCB on your boiler

Given what you've said. I know myself around wiring, but not to an expert way. Very odd. I've just clipped the thermostat front into the wall mounting and it is now controlling the boiler again!!! How exciting. Sort of fixed. Is it possible that it's become faulty? After all, we've had it 10 years. Or is it possible that the builder hasn't clipped it back in right? Although, I don't think that can be the case..

>David, thank you.

you are probably right ,it wasn't making contacts properly.Hopefully it should behave now

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back