What are you watching on TV right now?

This came up on my feed today.....

Unfortunately the haulage workers in the video imagine that the government that makes their lives extremely difficult and their businesses struggle actually gives a sh*t. Government also seems indifferent to the negative effect on trade and industry. Just borrow some more billions if UK PLC's books don't balance. :rolleyes: Just kick the can down the road for the next clueless administration.

Who would be a trucker? If someone (not necessarily you) gets one of the many new import/export documents wrong, you - you could be delayed by hours or even days, your profit for that run vanishes and your load spoils if perishable. All this government's fault.

However, if you miraculously manage to get back to UK without delays, border people may find a dozen Afghans in your trailer - your profit for that run vanishes (plus a lot more in fines) and your load spoils if they pizz and $h!t all over it. All this government's fault.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Couldn't agree more. I spend many more hours per week watching YT on my desktop than I do watching the drivel on tv. Major difference with YT is you learn far more than you ever will on tv - the great time waster.

My new favourite is Tasty Classics. Young bloke who resurrects some interesting abandoned cars to varying standards, but his humour really makes them watchable. Thought I would give a relativly new Tuber a plug.

You might like this guy ...

Slightly off topic but just been with my son to McLaren to see their sign lit up in orange - which they only do when they win

IMG_7020.jpeg

Sponsored Links
What I've liked about this world championship is the size of the pockets that have been tight as opposed to clowns pockets they use in championship matches. Sorted a few of the leading lights out.

What I've liked about this world championship is the size of the pockets that have been tight as opposed to clowns pockets they use in championship matches. Sorted a few of the leading lights out.
What I've not liked is the camera work. It's the kind of thing you don't notice until you notice, and then you keep on noticing! Things that annoy me when watching the snooker:

Leave the camera shot on different views for longer e.g. the side on view, the overhead. It gives a different perspective as opposed to the default they use 90% of the time (as with tennis.) Or allow the viewer to choose their camera shot.

Get cameras up baulk end! So what if we see the main cameras at the other end, who cares. In this day and age they could easily have small unobtrusive fixed cameras at different areas around the table. Maybe it's a union thing with the camera operators?

Stop trying to do close-up tracking type shots as they do in the football. All that ends up happening is the viewer misses some of what's happening on the table ... as happens in the football.

Mini rant over :)

Sponsored Links
Back