What have you been doing today?

Had my mate come round and plaster my kitchen for me so it should be full steam ahead but no, Mrs Mottie tells me there’s a nail in the tyre on the Golf. I checked and it was a 6mm bolt complete with washer right on the shoulder so unrepairable. They’ve only done a couple of thousand miles too. :mad: Of course, I knew the punctures would be coming thick and fast after I sold all my tyre changing equipment. Took that up to get a new one fitted. Get home, then the Daughter in Law phones me, the alternator light is on, on her car. Battery flat, can’t even close the windows. Now, I’m retired but she's 36 weeks pregnant so I’ve got to go up to my garage, get my Ctek battery charger, my son will pick it up on his way home, they can charge it up, bring it down to our house - they’re in Chelmsford, we're in Hornchurch, leave it with me, take our Golf and I’ve got to run it up to my workshop next week to fix the bloody thing. At least it will be a break from the kitchen…..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Had my mate come round and plaster my kitchen for me so it should be full steam ahead but no, Mrs Mottie tells me there’s a nail in the tyre on the Golf. I checked and it was a 6mm bolt complete with washer right on the shoulder so unrepairable. They’ve only done a couple of thousand miles too. :mad: Of course, I knew the punctures would be coming thick and fast after I sold all my tyre changing equipment. Took that up to get a new one fitted. Get home, then the Daughter in Law phones me, the alternator light is on, on her car. Battery flat, can’t even close the windows. Now, I’m retired but she's 36 weeks pregnant so I’ve got to go up to my garage, get my Ctek battery charger, my son will pick it up on his way home, they can charge it up, bring it down to our house - they’re in Chelmsford, we're in Hornchurch, leave it with me, take our Golf and I’ve got to run it up to my workshop next week to fix the bloody thing. At least it will be a break from the kitchen…..

On the plus side though, rishi has sorted everything out :ROFLMAO:

Recovering from whatever bug I got...

I was busy fixing the tractor yesterday, until lunchtime, deck belt, lots of tools out. I came over quiet nauseous, dizzy, and stomach ache, so came in. It got worse, so I went to bed, abandoning everything outside. Avril finished work, arrived home, expecting her meal ready, but couldn't even find me, ,e dead to the world in bed.

I spent much of the last 24 in bed, sleeping what ever it was off, just getting for an odd hour, to see how I felt. I've nowt to eat, until an hour ago, and only managed half of that, though feeling a lot better now..

Sponsored Links
Taking photos of the northern lights from the north downs near Guildford

1f3f1bab-6aa7-44b3-83b3-4be502be5589.jpeg
e321ecb3-269b-41bc-897f-4f08845b8515.jpeg

Preparing a big fire and clearing out the shed.
Time out for tea, toast and tobacco after chasing a few fearsome big beasties from the dark corners. Had to kick one of me boot. A close call; if the bugg'r tripp'd me up i may never have got out alive. All that dust helped sneeze away the gloom from my sinus, so all's well.
A bottle o' cider awaits 'neath the Old apple tree for an indolent afternoon in the hammock doing the sq. root of sweet f.a. :mrgreen:

I bet there’s a fair few people that have taken a trip to see the Northern lights off of their bucket list because of this. They’re certainly off mine now.

No chance of me getting up voluntarily, to look, because I'm still not feeling 100%. Rarely, the dog woke me at 2:30, to go out, but I had forgotten all about the display.

Sponsored Links
Back