What have you had for dinner

Chicken risotto. Every day, Avril, puts me on the spot, to ask me what I fancy for dinner the next day, so she can attempt to organise it. Stuck for ideas, I plucked out of the air - chicken risotto. I'd never made it from scratch, nor had she, so she Googled and came up with an authentic recipe....

She had collected the ingredients, we'd had a roast chicken for Sunday dinner, with a breast going spare, so she decided to make the risotto yesterday, for dinner. It turned out absolutely spot on. ;)
We often have chicken and pea risotto on a Monday with leftover chicken from the Sunday roast. I make my own stock on Sunday using the chicken frame and leftover vegetables. I use this recipe and also add some mushrooms. Very tasty.

Sponsored Links
We often have chicken and pea risotto on a Monday with leftover chicken from the Sunday roast. I make my own stock on Sunday using the chicken frame and leftover vegetables. I use this recipe and also add some mushrooms. Very tasty.

That was the very same recipe she used. She was a bit worried it seemed to sloppy at the end of step 3, but it ended up just right. Two helpings for us on Monday, two more put in the freezer.

She was a bit worried it seemed to sloppy at the end of step 3, but it ended up just right.
You can always tell if a risotto has come out just right. Put it in your bowl and it should be sticky enough to make a mini-mountain but not so sticky that if you give the bowl a couple of shakes, it will level off.

Sponsored Links
Back