10mm copper pipe: Hoe do you cut and shape it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you cut 10mm pipe? :?: Is there a recommended cutter available or should one just use a hacksaw and file? Also, is it sufficient simply too insert it into the plastic female inlet on our bottom-entry wc cistern? :confused:

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
You cut it with an adjustable pipe cutter -you can pick up mini pipe cutters for a couple of quid. It is shapeable by hand to a certain degree but if you want to form any significant bends you need either a 10mm pipe spring or a mini pipe bender, or just use regular fittings, either compression or end feed. I've no idea how you would connect it to your WC, but you could normally use a 10mm olive and compression fitting.

Thanks Bodger, I have got some mini-cutters now. I only need the smallest piece of 10mm out of the WC into the 10mm/15mm connector so the ability to bend the 10mm pipe is not really important; any bends can be done on the 15mm.

Looking more closely and up the inside of the inlet I can see that there are three pieces of plastic that look like they grip the pipe. Does this sound plausible? Otherwise I am uncertain as what would be required to make a watertight seal. Thanks again for any advice. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back