2 Plate lights on 2 gang 1 way switch advice- Diagram included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

(Apologies this may have been better tagged onto existing thread regarding having these work in the first place)

Thank you all for the help getting these lights working.
The issue I have now is that the 2 gang only has one switch working both Kitchen lights.
The other does nothing.
Below is all I can get plan wise. I used a multi meter to deduce which wire went to which other light/switch.

2 rooms.
3 lights total.
Only live at switch when 4 wires disconnected was the one that links with K1 and K2.
So I assume the twin and earth entering K1 is also live.

The two red and earths from the L1 terminals on the switch do somehow connect to each light separately (K1 and K2) since when I remove either of them from the switch. one of the lights stops working. I assumed that being in two separate L1 terminals meant they switch separately?

My questions are.. how would you expect this circuit to be completed accounting for what I cant see?
And secondly. How can I change this so the 2 gang works for each Kitchen light independently of the other.
Living room is tied into this but I expect it didn't need to be this way if done correctly?

Wire colours accurate. pre 2004.
Brown is to divide rooms

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back