2-Way dimmer switch circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to install a dimmer switch on a 2 way circuit. I have read through many of the posts in this forum and other sources but havent managed to find a definitive answer.

Is it possible to do this? If so, is it possible to have a dimmer switch at each end and if not what is the effect of having one dimmer and one normal switch?

Many thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Nickoli99 said:
I would like to install a dimmer switch on a 2 way circuit. I have read through many of the posts in this forum and other sources but havent managed to find a definitive answer.
I find that hard to believe - this topic has come up loads of times, and has the definitive answer supplied loads of times.

Is it possible to do this? If so, is it possible to have a dimmer switch at each end and if not what is the effect of having one dimmer and one normal switch?
If you want 2 dimmers then you need a pair of intelligent master/slave units as sold, for example, by TLC. I'm sure there are other makes and other suppliers.

If you have a 2-way dimmer at one end and a 2-way switch at the other, then you will be able to control the lights from either end, but when you turn the lights on with the switch you'll get whatever brightness setting the dimmer is at, so you may have to walk over to that switch anyway..

ban ,you fell for that one didn't you,

yo pointed out poster didnt seach then tell the answer.

quick edit yours now

Sponsored Links
Oh I'm feeling in a good mood - had a nice cathartic rant at the Other Place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back