2nd Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to put in a 2nd shower (I have 4 teenagers and 1 bathroom at present). If I want to put in a second electric shower does it have to have all its own wiring or can I extend from the existing wiring. I have 100 amp fuse box and a separate 30 amp fuse box for the present shower. I have thought about a manual shower but there is not 3ft drop from the cistern to the shower head level. It would be very difficult to raise the level of the cistern.
Any solutions welcome.

Sponsored Links
sorry but another electric shower would require a new electric everything.

but i can save you money. turn on your shower and flush the toilet, does the shower either get very hot or no water?

I am thinking as to if you have two showers running at the same time will their be enough water for both? (that is why i asked you to flush the toilet as it will be using water)

I have got low water head for my shower which is under 3 foot !
I'm using a Topliss shower which is design for low pressure tank system.See this. and then click onto shower head tab.

As Breezer's said you might end up getting a bigger water tank to cope with the water demand if you're running 2 shower + toilet + washing m/c + dishwasher etc all at the same time.If the water tank run out of water due to heavy water demand you will end up getting air-lock in your system.Try Breezer's test first.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back