a/c system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i can set my thermostat to 75. the room will get to 75 (indicated on the thermostat) but it will not shut down the a/c. i have to set it ti 76 before the unit will go off.
any ideas?
thks
ivan

Sponsored Links
Hysteresis.

The system will 'overshoot' in each direction so it doesn't short-cycle. For cooling, it may cut off at 74, then not re-start until the temperature goes up to 76. The average temperature will be 75.
If it didn't do that, even the smallest air change around the thermostat could cause the system to start and stop, maybe even every second.

Sponsored Links
TicklyT said:
Hysteresis.

Hysteresis, Schmisteresis, when I was a nipper there was proper AC ........ Mans AC..... Would freeze off your fingers when you were going for the off switch ....... You knew where you were in them there days, none of this namby pamby, sensor here & a sensor there...... You knew when it was on ..... Cos you were dang cold ........ Yo knew when it was off too ...... Cos it was dang hot .......... Did I ever tell you about the time ................. Yadda yadda ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back