a/c unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently had a 3 1/2 ton a/c unit installed (trane). i have two zones. house (1) & sun porch (2). when it hot outside 90 +, i can not get the house below 78. i have the thermo set at 75. there is a return on the sun porch that also draws air along with the return in the house. i have had the installer look at the installation many times and i can't get an answer why the house will not get cool. thay have said that the thermo on the porch should be set a fews degrees above what the house is set out. this way, hot air will not be drawn thru the unit. it ain't working. any ideas?thks in advance

Ivan

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't try to cool a "sun porch". Instead have plenty of opening windows. Save your cooling capacity for the house.

Have you tried shutting off the vents to the sun porch?

i haven't tried that because when the house (zone 1) is running and zone 2 is not, there is a air duct flapper valve that shuts off zone 2. if the temp in the sunroom goes above what the thermostat is set at in will open and cool the room. it will cool the sun porch great but it isn't worth a flip when it comes to cooling the house.
rgrds
ivan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back