Accenta Mini G4 ADE - Bellbox double cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am currently in the process of upgrading my home alarm to a Texacom system and am dismantling my existing Accenta Mini G4.

I noticed something odd in the wiring of the panel which was that there are two cables joined together on the panel for the bell box terminated together both on the panel and the bell box. Is there any reason the installer would have used two runs of 6-core cable to feed the bell box when one would have sufficed?

If the second cable run is not needed, I intend to repurpose the cable without having to run new cable to service a PIR on the 1st floor landing.

Attachments

• IMG_5196.jpeg
    IMG_5196.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
can we see a picture of the cables on bell box end.

the reason being this will make it clearer as to what is or isnt going on.

at the moment it is looking like they have doubled up, the way they work or there is a fault on one of the cables and adding a second following the same colour code is easier.

However usually two cables indicates a second device, but having the tampers combined would be wrong in terns of getting a bell tamper fault to display if two devices connected.

Thank you for your reply. It’s the same on the bellbox - just doubled up cable. No secondary bell box

Sponsored Links
apologies for not taking your word for it, but see all sorts of strange things so best not to assume.

could be anything you need to remove one set and see if the other functions normally before cutting do same with other cable also.

then you know both are good before you start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back