Accidentally used bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had some electrical chasing work done and needed to cover the gaps. I used PVA (diluted in water) on the walls and then added thistle bonding coat, afterwhich i was planning to use pva (diluted in water) on it and then Easifill. The problem is i just found out that you can’t use thistle bonding coat on external walls (interior wall but the other side is external) due to possible damp and paint peeling issues. Any possible solutions ? Iv also provided a photo of how one of the walls looked like before adding bonding. One with the bonding in it.
IMG_20240615_204403_5.jpeg
IMG_20240615_204445_2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Can't use bonding on single skim walls with no cavity.
Modern houses with dpm and cavity bonding is what people use. Am I misunderstanding?

clean the PVA off the surface before painting, as it prevents paint bonding to the plaster.

Ahh kk i thought any wall that was external you can’t use bonding. It has a dpm and cavity

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back