Additional radiator pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add a radiator to my living room. I've included below a plan of the living room showing the existing pipework (solid lines) and proposed new pipework (dotted lines) which all run under the floorboards. Boiler is more than capable of coping with this new radiator.

Question is, does this make sense with these 4.2m long 15mm tees to feed the new rad, or would it be better to extend the 22mm pipes to the new radiator and have shorter 15mm tails to the new radiator given that it would have to turn back on itself.

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 09.42.48.png

Sponsored Links
If the tees are being fed from the CH's 22mm backbone, looks like they are, then it should be fine. If they are much longer than the other then a semblance of balancing may be required though that really is dependent on the size of the system and no of rads whether it'll be an issue or not.

If the tees are being fed from the CH's 22mm backbone, looks like they are, then it should be fine. If they are much longer than the other then a semblance of balancing may be required though that really is dependent on the size of the system and no of rads whether it'll be an issue or not.
Thanks Rob. Yes they are fed from the 22mm backbone. There will be a difference in length by the length of the new radiator which is about 2m.

System is pretty small, just 5 rads or 6 with this new one. Boiler is a Viessmann Vitodens 100-w

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back