ADVICE -Is there any way to adjust/lift this door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Git a fairly old UPVC door here but I can not see any way to adjust it?

The opposite side from hinges has dropped.

These are what are fitted? Looks like pins in them vertically but I can see a bit of thread protruding but no idea how to access them plus even wound all the way I don’t think it would make much difference.

Pics below.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2509.jpeg
    IMG_2509.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
Look top and bottom of the hinges - remove caps if fitted. Mine are similar and they can be adjusted using an Allen key, tightening/adjusting the internals of the hinges until the door lifts. Might be the same on yours.

Never seen hinges like that so must be at least 40years old. The pin poking out of the top is just that....a hinge pin which presumably can be removed so the door can be lifted out, looking at the 3 elements of the hinge it looks like the top and bottom parts are screwed into the door and centre portion I screwed into the frame so logic says there is no room for any adjustment upwards, if it the handle side which is low then it needs toe and heeling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back