Advice on central heating manifold design

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi everyone,

I’m building a central heating manifold with 4 heating zones (27 rads split into 4 zones) and 1 HWT zone (and a 6th spare). I have an oil boiler which is controlled by each zones room stat as well as a back boiler that has all been professionally installed and plumbed in. The two systems are currently plumbed together however only three zones have zone valves which means when the oil boiler tries to heat ZV2, it also heats Zone 1 (no zone valve) and the hot water tank (no zone valve), not ideal. To solve this I plan to add a zone valve to zone 1, and plumb the back boiler flow to bypass the zone vale so it remains unrestricted. I will also add a ZV to control the hwt. My main question is around placement of the non return valves and if there are other things I haven’t thought of yet that should be considered. Thanks for any advice or tips. Attaching a picture of the design

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Thanks looks like it could be a viable option. If both the back boiler (solid fuel) and oil boiler feed the LLH and the output circuits are all zoned, how do I ensure the solid fuel has an adequate unrestricted access to Rads?

Sponsored Links
Then you'll need a heat sink rad but it needs to be enough and can't be zoned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back