Advice on power cord placement for electric panel heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have electric panel meters (Atlantic) in my flat which are hard wired to an outlet on the wall directly behind them and there is a fussed spur for each heater. After 17 years one of the heaters has failed and I’ve replaced it with a princess 1.5kw smart glass panel heater. I’ve removed the plug and wired into the socket as before and all working fine.

There is inevitably some slack in the cable once on the wall bracket this is essentially tucked in behind the heater. I’ve noticed that the cable leans against the back of the heater which can get pretty hot. This is essentially the same as with the other heaters - I just never noticed previously. My question is, is this dangerous? And if so, what can I do about it given that the cable outlet on the wall is behind the heater in every case.

The second photo is the issue I’m concerned about and is a view from below the heater. I’m not overly worried about the fused spur as that side of the heater is always cold and it’s not touching the switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cable Ties Adhesive Mounts, 100 Pcs Self Adhesive Cable Zip Ties & 100 Pcs Wire Tie Mount Base Holders, Sticky Pads Organizer with Self Locking Nylon Tie Wraps for DIY Home Office Workshop https://amzn.eu/d/f2jYYKy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back