Advice on sealant for waste trap..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a new shower tray and have the hi flow waste trap to fit.... The infomation says put sealant on the rubber seal (under the tray) and sealant above the tray before tighting the assembly together..
So which sealant is best to use for this job as l dont fancy taking this to bits again for leaks...
Also as l'm putting sealant on top of the seal , would you put sealant at the bottom of the seal also..

Sponsored Links
i normally use a clear silicone and i silicon both sides of the rubber washer, gioves a better watertight seal
It says in the instructions to silicone the top of the seal, so is it ok to silicone the bottom of the seal also.

Sponsored Links
i normally use a clear silicone and i silicon both sides of the rubber washer, gioves a better watertight seal
It says in the instructions to silicone the top of the seal, so is it ok to silicone the bottom of the seal also.

As i said previously mate, i seal top and bottom, done it like that for about 30 yrs and never had a problem, or should i say my customers have never had a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back