Advise on best way to handle slight slope for smallish shed base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I may be over thinking this (as I'm prone to do!) but I'd appreciate some advise on the best way to deal with laying a concrete base for a 2.4m x 2.8m shed that is currently sitting on ground with a drop of about 15cm over the 2.8m length. I've included some photos to make it easier to see. The back of where the shed will be is the higher ground. Ideally I'd like the front of the shed with door to not be raised too high and so only be the 100mm or so of the intended concrete pad depth. So the question is how best toe deal with holding back the soil mainly at the back. I've thought possibly of using some up ended slabs but not sure how successful this will be. Your advise much appreciated. Quick update. Had some assistance to pick up and move the shed out of the way and it looks like the slope isn't quite as bad as first thought, but still could do with some levelling so advice still much appreciated. I've uploaded another photo.
20240924_132550 Large.jpeg
20240924_090458 Large.jpeg
20240924_090124 Large.jpeg
20240924_090102 Large.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can dig out level and edge with bricks or blocks or raise with bricks as or blocks wall.
Fill in base

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back