Air Bricks and Cavity Wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, was wondering how sleeves are fitted to air bricks, does the air brick have to be removed in order to fit these? If there is inside ventilation, this can obviously be acheived by taking of the internal fixing, but what about where this is not the case?
Many thanks
Edward

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you mean ? :confused: I'm guessing that the sleeves you're talking about,is the fitting for the cavity wall insulation ? :confused:

Ahhhh,I think I know what you mean now,you're having cavity wall insulation and don't want the foam to blocks the air-brick ? To be honest I don't know much about them and I would've thought the company would deal with it.You might also find the condensation level will increase as the house get warmer ! Apparently the best way is to insulated is on the outside walls.
Hopefully,GwaiLo will be here soon who might know more about this :)

I presume you are asking about the cavity liner, thats the thing that connects the airbrick in the outer leaf to the airbrick/vent in the inner leaf.

These are proprietary products. They are made in both plastic and terracotta, and quite probably other materials too.

They need to be supported at both ends generally, so it may involve removal of the airbrick. However, it may be possible to fit it from the inside only. The key thing is that it needs to be securely fixed. or it will drop into the cavity.

There may be a bricklayer on here who has actually had to do it, I just design stuff and then critisise the trademen doing the work I'm afraid. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back