Airless advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I appreciate any help you can give me.
I’m coating a whole room in one colour (sage green) hinc walls ceiling, coving and trim. I started but the sprayer put out too much paint, so now a 1m width of wall is painted and dry.
I stupidly used Zinser peel stop as a spot prime where the sanding had gone to the plaster. That looks like it’s showing through after a single coat.
- what order should I continue with the room. Not sure where I would start stop on the trigger.
- will the finish be different because I dint have a wet edge when I start to spray again?
- will a 600mm Wagner extension pole work with the Graco? The connector fits but no idea about compatibility.

hope you guys can help!

Sponsored Links
Fitting compatibly will be advertised online.
Id say yeah it should be ok with the extension fitting but check.
Can be dangerous ( death or amputation) if you accidentally inject yourself with paint so don't fiddle when there is pressure in system. Number one rule that. If you're not spraying release pressure. Get in the habit.

Sand and prime surface. If that requires filling sanding and mini roll a acrylic undercoat on. Spray surface when it's ready and prepared or any imperfections will show.

Can be dangerous ( death or amputation) if you accidentally inject yourself with paint so don't fiddle when there is pressure in system. Number one rule that. If you're not spraying release pressure. Get in the habit.

I started but the sprayer put out too much paint
did you sort that out?

the film thickness / pattern width is a combination of: tip size, thickness of paint, distance spraygun to wall, speed of movin gun

airless is usually a reversa tip type spray guns

here is a guide to tip size

the first number is actually angle so 5 is 50deg -which at correct spraying distance is about 10 inches

ENEU_tip_hub_introduction_graco_tips_1200x400.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.

- I contacted one of the Airless shops online, they told me the extension is compatible as its the same size thread 7/8" / 22mm
- The tip is a Graco TrueAirless 515, black. Its the tip that ships with the machine.
- I bought some Bullseye primer and will prime over the areas of the wall where I've already sprayed. start afresh and they'll be no risk of the filler showing through (hopefully)
- I'm using little greene intelligent matt, I'm going to thin by 5% to start and check the spray pattern. The paint requires at least 1800 psi to work with airless, I had a wagner which just wouldn't push it out without dying!
- I'm a bit stuck on what order I should do the room, I'm conscious that I can easily get pooling if im not careful as I'm doing the whole room. I think there's less of a risk of this if I spray horizontally rather than vertical? Advice on this is much appreciated.
- If I do spray horizontally, there's no need for the extension. The ceiling is the perfect height for me to spray at 10-12 inches.

On a positive note, where there isn't too much paint on the window frame, the finish is fantastic. It will look great if I can get it right!! A big if!

Thanks for your help fellas, very much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back