Alarm detectors in series

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had 2 failed old Elkron motion alarm sensors (4 core) wired in series as in pictures. They are in adjacent rooms connected through a wall with short cable. They worked well and did the job. I have 2 Texecom Capture P15s to replace. The control panel is Scantronic 9448+. There are no added resistors. Can I just wire these in the same way? Do I need to change the resistor setting inside one or both sensors if in series? Many thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• alarm1.jpg
    alarm1.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 21
  • alarm2.jpg
    alarm2.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 22
  • alarm3.jpg
    alarm3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
You’re not using resistors on that alarm panel ….set pir as normal alarm and tamper

Many thanks. Sorry to ask for a bit more information. For two P15 PIRs in series can I go; Control panel PIR1 alarm then PIR1 tamper to PIR2 alarm then PIR2 tamper to control panel? (And ignore resistor setting in PIR P15s)? That would be really helpful to know. John222

Sponsored Links
Great. Thanks. Just one other question. I presume this control panel will not be affected by the resistors in the PIR ie lower voltage with alarm off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back