Any idea of what this is (hoping it's some kind of slug and not animal dropping)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Not sure if this is correct place to post but hoping someone can help me.
I've recently moved house, we found a load of mice droppings in loft and kitchen area. It seems it's hopefully an old infestation as there hasn't been any disturbing new traps etc.

Last night before going to bed a found a large slug getting in through skirting next to patio door and disposed of it.

This morning I came downstairs to this in my living room. I also heard a fair bit of noise rattling around when I came downstairs, it's possible it was vermin running around somewhere but equally it could be rattly joints or pipework etc (I don't really know the house yet).

There was no slime trail from this (which is main thing making think it may not be a slug, that and fact it didn't seem to move any when removing it) and it looks too small to be a slug to me. I'm really hoping it's not rat poo (or something bigger). Any help would be really appreciated as I'm fairly stressed about this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240928-113059.png
    Screenshot_20240928-113059.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20240928-113043.png
    Screenshot_20240928-113043.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240928-113027.png
    Screenshot_20240928-113027.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Sponsored Links
Slugs inside tend to indicate a leaking drain.

Soil pipes contain plenty of organic matter that they can eat if it escapes under the floor.

Apart from that you might occasionally find one exploring under a door

They sometimes come into the house on vegetables and other things that are brought in from the garden. Many moons ago my mum had a cat, and I found a big slug on the plate on the kitchen floor where my mum used to feed the cat, yeuch.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, a slug and that white bit is his willy so he's just been making lots more little ones!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back