Any special consideration using vailant heat pump compatible unistor cylinder with standard system boiler with 65C flow temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going with new installation of system has boiler from Vailant 30kwh and a new hot water cylinder. Though there's no plan to put solar or heat pump as if now, we may consider this in the future.
So, if I go with the vailant unistor heat pump compatible hot water tank instead of a standard tank, do I need to be careful of something which isn't applicable if it would be a standard tank Vs heat pump compatible tank?
I'll be using boiler at 65C flow temperature so they heat up radiators as well when needed and same flow temperature will continue it's way to the long heating tube in the heat pump compatible cylinder.
As per my understanding, water will heat up faster due to the biggest coils but not sure why company even sell the old standard style cylinder if heat pump compatible cylinder is more efficient.
So is there any catch in going with heat pump compatible cylinder with standard gas boiler?

Sponsored Links
Will the vailant ecotech plus system boiler be able to handle priority hot water option and does it need any additional tech / unit to make pdhw work? I m looking for vailant boiler and vailant unistor cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back