Any tips on a leaking drain of tap on radiator pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a crafty tip on how to stop a drain off tap leaking. Every time it gets used it never shuts off poperly and drips. I dont know why it does it as it probably has only been opened twice in its life.

Sponsored Links
Are we talking about the same type of drain. It is the one you fix a hose to and undo a square. I didn't realize it had a rubber seal. I didn't really want to drain off the system if possible after just had a repair on the boiler and all new inhibitor put in.

is it one of these

p1942710_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, will the boiler need bleeding when the system is refilled. Its a pity there is nothing on the market that you can spray on the tap to stop it leaking.

Bob

Thanks very much for your help, it looks like the hard way after all. Where if still possible can I get a seal for this drain, or does iit mean repalcing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back