Anybody had any success with anti vibration mats or feet for washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Finally bought a washing machine for my new house (was a bit of a saga due to below average worktop height, ended up having to buy a beko integrated machine but manual indicates it can be installed as freestanding)

When spinning it is rattling the pipework all around it (unfortunately it's located very close to combi boiler so I have gas pipe, hot and cold water, drain and heating all in vicinity) today I was sitting in bedroom above and genuinely thought someone was drilling in my garden but must have been pipes rattling due to the spinning.

I was thinking of trying anti vibration mat or feet, I should have enough clearance to fit these, anybody ever used them? If so, did they help?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
When spinning it is rattling the pipework all around it (unfortunately it's located very close to combi boiler so I have gas pipe, hot and cold water, drain and heating all in vicinity) today I was sitting in bedroom above and genuinely thought someone was drilling in my garden but must have been pipes rattling due to the spinning.

The obvious question - why is it rattling the pipework? Is it in direct contact with the pipes? It should be clear of them.

The obvious question - why is it rattling the pipework? Is it in direct contact with the pipes? It should be clear of them.
Hi, I'm almost certain it is clear of them, I think it's probably rattling the floors/walls rather than direct contact with the pipes themselves. I have one of those instant hit water heaters in the cupboard next to it which it also causes to shake about, so much so that the tao connected to it drips a bit.

My guess is it's just really cheap, rubbish floor (would tie in with all the other issues we've found since moving in)

Hi, I'm almost certain it is clear of them, I think it's probably rattling the floors/walls rather than direct contact with the pipes themselves. I have one of those instant hit water heaters in the cupboard next to it which it also causes to shake about, so much so that the tao connected to it drips a bit.

My guess is it's just really cheap, rubbish floor (would tie in with all the other issues we've found since moving in)

It might be worth looking at reinforcing the floor, if it's bouncing the floor. Either extra piers, supporting the joists, if it's ground floor/no cellar below, maybe even adding a concrete slab infill.

It might be worth looking at reinforcing the floor, if it's bouncing the floor. Either extra piers, supporting the joists, if it's ground floor/no cellar below, maybe even adding a concrete slab infill.
Cheers. Yeah I suspect you're probably right and it needs a bit more "serious" work. The whole house is currently in the same condition though so hopefully I can get away with a quick fix to tide me over the next few months or so. I've ordered one of those anti vibration mats and also some rubber feet so will see if either of this make a difference in the short term

I did have a customer that lived on the first floor, the people downstairs complained about the vibration from her washing machine. She purchased an anti-vibration pad and a large porcelain tile. It improved things, but the people downstairs complained nevertheless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back