Ariston EuroCombi A23 MFFI - Burner comes on then off immediately, then comes back on, when hot water is required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All.

Just recently, when I turn on the hot tap, the boiler fires up to heat the water but then goes out immediately, only for it to come back on a few seconds later.
The hot tap has been constantly running during this time.

Anyone have any suggestions in helping to cure this problem please?

Sponsored Links
Repairable? probably. Worth it? probably not. I'm guessing this boiler is 20+ years old and wasn't the highest quality when new.

Repaired this boiler many times.
You need to be familiar with boiler operation and a multimeter else will be a difficult task.
Boiler manual is place to begin as is initial checks. Symptoms mean very little

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your replies.

I drained the system and removed the heat exchanger and cleaned it out with SoS.

I also stopped the leak coming from the Pipe main flow positive and negative signal by repalcing the o rings.

So far, all is going brilliantly.

As for the comments about the machine itself, yes it is a good few years old but never had any problems with it apart from the usual aged parts.

It has been a brilliantly loyal system that has looked after my home for years. Long may this continue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back