asda petrol station

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been to asda to get some diesel. its card only/unmanned. anyway, pulled upto pump, put card in machine and it said 'not accepted' and solo is on the list directly below it. so i put it in again - same thing. few attempts later it allowed me to fill. it cut off at £20 for some reason and wouldnt let me put anymore in.

and it didnt even ask me for the pin for my card. anyone could have been usin it and they wouldnt have to worry about knowin the pin code!

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:
just been to asda to get some diesel. its card only/unmanned. anyway, pulled upto pump, put card in machine and it said 'not accepted' and solo is on the list directly below it. so i put it in again - same thing. few attempts later it allowed me to fill. it cut off at £20 for some reason and wouldnt let me put anymore in.

and it didnt even ask me for the pin for my card. anyone could have been usin it and they wouldnt have to worry about knowin the pin code!
if you didn't put your pin in then you hopefully you've got yourself £20 petrol for free. :)

I always use these and it never asks for a pin on a Visa card.
It does say on the pump, solo card have a max withdrawawl of £20.
Visa has a max of £55

Hitachimad said:
I always use these and it never asks for a pin on a Visa card.
It does say on the pump, solo card have a max withdrawawl of £20.
Visa has a max of £55

it said it recommends solo users put £20 in. which to me says i can put in more if i wanted

Sponsored Links
Why dont all petrol pumps pause at £10, 20, 30, 40 etc, so you dont stray over by a penny or something silly like that, i hate it when that happens :evil:

crafty1289 said:
Why dont all petrol pumps pause at £10, 20, 30, 40 etc, so you dont stray over by a penny or something silly like that, i hate it when that happens :evil:
I was always pretty good at getting it spot on, but on the odd occaision you go over just say that the £10/£20 note is all you have, sorry. They're not going to call the police for the sake of 1/2p, are they? Or at least it's never happened to me.

i normally get it on card so i dont care if im over. i usually fill til its full anyway

andrew2022 said:
i normally get it on card so i dont care if im over. i usually fill til its full anyway
Never seen the point of that - I know in domestic car use the difference is probably negligible but look at F1 pitstop plans - the car is more fuel efficient and faster when it's at it's lightest - i.e. low on fuel. My policy was always to wait until the fuel light comes on, put in £5 or £10, then drive until it comes on again. In most cars you have AT LEAST 40 miles of driving once the light comes on so unless you're in the outer hebrides you'll find a petrol station before you run out...

Hardly worth putting a tenner in these days, a little over 2 gallons, wont get far on that. :evil:

The best reason for not filling the car to the top, is to stop the thieves having enough fuel to drive all night. :LOL:
Saying that I hate getting petrol, so I always fill to the top

I have to send a jerry can down to St Marys where they will fill it up at £1.24p per Ltr and send it back on the launch for which there's a freight charge then I have to go pick it up from the quay but that's one of the price's of living in paradise :)

I was driving through Goldthorpe the other day. There's 2 petrol stations there, less than half a mile apart. One was selling at 95.9 the other at 93.9.

Guess which was busiest. Are they stupid? Do they really think they are going to sell anything at 95.9ppl when someone less than half a mile away is selling it cheaper????

another asda rant.

went back again with a 25L container (just incase...) was gonna fill container and top up tank (was just about below 3/4...). put card in, put £20 worth or diesel into tank and it cut out. put card back in and it kept refusing my card. complained to asda and they said its my bank thats stoppin the card bein used. they limit it to £20 incase of fraud. i told them thats pretty pointless, cosiderin it takes more than £20 to fill a tank lately...

after phone call to the bank there sendin me a different card which doesnt have a £20 limit at the petrol station. altho they cant find anytihng on my existing card

Sponsored Links
Back