Attaching metal to glass using glue...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I have a glass desk and I've had it for YONKS! It's literally on its last legs and while my wife would rather I get a new one..I keep fixing it lol
The problem is the keyboard tray has come away from the metal 'nut'. That attaches it to the runner. This causes the tray to constantly fall out when I lean on it.

So far I've tried araldite 2 part epoxy glue. I left It to dry for 48 hours before using it... And It lasted about 5 mins.

I've tried super glue which lasted about a week.

I've scratched and dented the 'nut' and scuffed up the glass to allow the glues to adear a bit better but sadly it's not worked.

Everytime I've googled it ppl have said epoxy glue but some have said that Araldite is a bit hit or miss so I am willing to give other brands a try.

Any recommendations or tips/hints?

Attachments

• 20240926_183027.jpg
    20240926_183027.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do you really need the keyboard tray at all?
With some binning of general office detritus, there's nearly always some space on the top of the desk to have a keyboard.
Sadly yes. It helps quite a bit actually. I have my mouse and track pad on it with my keyboard on top. It also frees up more space on top to allow me to have papers, folders etc spread out. It's a large desk but all room helps. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back