balancing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could somebody please tell me the best way to balance my system. i have 16 rads and the boiler is upstairs roughly in the middle. i have no idea what order they are plumbed in.its a very new system and also ive bled quite a lot of air out from the same rads for 4 nights running is this normal thanks

Sponsored Links
i copied / pasted this for you (sorry boys, it was from "simon" :?: )

If it warms up at any time it's a balancing issue not bleeding.The balancing valve is the lockshield cover one (tall one).If your covers are mixed up its the cooler pipe of the two when the system heats up.Close all the balance valves turn heating on and go round opening them,starting with the furthest from the boiler open about half a turn and slightly more with the subsequent rads.
Did you do any modifications or work on the system which kicked off the problem?

"ive bled quite a lot of air out from the same rads for 4 nights running "
No it isn't normal even fror a new system. Did your installer flush the system properly then add inhibitor? If he left flux in there it will start corroding your rads and producing hydrogen, immediately. And your rads may rust through in 6 months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back