banging water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

2 days ago I started noticing that the pipes in the wall near the water heater were making an awful noise. I believe I have isolated the problem to the cold water inlet to the water heater (at least that is the pipe that is shaking). This happens randomly, apparently any time water is added to the water heater...how what is the problem and how can I fix it.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bryan

Sponsored Links
Random suggests water pressure, i.e. here in the U.K. you water your garden on a weekend and you can pee faster than when you do it in the week because everyone else is doing the same !! Check pipe is anchored, alternatively try turning down your mains stopcock, pressure may be to high.Also you can get "bounce" on your ball valve that will go into a resonant pattern, sit in your attic and watch it (and think,,,,this is sad !!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back