Base for 2nd hand log cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just picked up a 2nd hand log cabin which is generally in pretty good condition, but when dismantling it, I discovered that it had been assembled directly onto a decking base. The cabin floor was essentially "floating" inside the cabin walls albeit it was screwed down.
In fact a couple of the bottom logs will need replacing, but I'm okay with that.
I have a concrete area at the side of my house where I plan to rebuild it, but I suspect I should be keeping the walls away from direct contact with the ground.
I suspect it is approaching the max permissible height as it is next to a neighbour's fence, but am thinking of screwing some tanalised 4x2 (2"high,4"wide) to the concrete to sit the walls on rather than having them sit directly on the concrete.
Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240603_082941_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240603_082941_Facebook.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
I used composite beams under the bearer beam so that the bearer beam always gets a proper chance to dry out between rainstorms. They are a pain to cut with a jigsaw as they seem to contain aluminium pieces and they melt as you cut, but only a few cuts required anyway. It also left a bit more depth for underfloor insulation that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back