bath suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know there is a lot of threads on this topic but wanted my own :D

i'm gonna do a bath suite and the wastes are in lead, so it's change over

job to plastic and there is quite bit of h/c supply change also.

first question is, when fitting a bath, what is the best method of getting

panel height on bath ie. do you adjust legs first , then put batten,, or do

you use batten on wall first??

ps. tip questions on basin and wc to follow ;)

Sponsored Links
First off, check to see how far out the floor is where the bath panel sits, the lowest point on the floor will be your panel starting point, The panel will need to be cut to suit the floor being out. You might be lucky though, if the floor is level :LOL:

Use the height of your panel to get the height of the bath, if the floor is getting tiled, viny, ply, whatever, take this into consideration when measuring. The bath panel should sit onto your finsihed floor.

Then it's just a case of getting the Batten around the walls, sitting the bath onto the batten with silicone, then adjust the feet, the feet should take most of the weight, the batten is there to support the Bath Side/Ends more than anything

Sponsored Links
great point about checking floor for level , on outer edge of bath am i right?

the reason i asked about the batten :idea: , it could potentialy help if i measure the panel height ,and put batten at that height, then rest the bath on it ,,

then simultaneously measuring and adjusting the legs for panel height ..

am i making sense? :D

Yes, outer edge.

There's no reason why you can pop the bath on the battens, then adjust each leg down individually

i would have to check for level front and back tho. if using the batten leveling method.

i always(nearly :) ) manage to get it right ,but it frustrates me ,leveling then re-leveling.

this is a method i have been thinking of using, well we'll see :D

is there anything else you could add to helpwith the install of the 3 items (bath ,basin ,WC) any easier.

any proffesional tips wanted ;)

ps. what gives me a hard time apart from the above, is also the basin waste which someone advised to use silicone.
doing the final checks always gets me sweating a bit :D

Get one of those Basin Mates/Vanity Bowl Sealer coned washers for the basin waste (sell them in B&Q) disgard the rubber washer than comes with the waste and use this.

Try and use brass tap backnuts especially if using flexi's and tighten against poly washer/tophat washer.

Apply silicone to glue the basin to the wall (not too much) and use fixings aswell.

Always use new waste traps and pan connectors and make sure the push button flush (if fitted) is adjusted and works without problems before you leave.

Make sure the bath is solid, people sit on the edge, try it and see if it moves, if it does the seal will fail sooner rather than later.

The pro's may offer better tips. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back