Bathroom cabinet door demister not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bathroom cabinet with an LED mirror door and demister. The mirror is double sided. The demister has stopped working, but I have no idea how to open up the mirror. Also I have no idea how it gets its power as the only connection to the cabinet is 3x DTC hinges (I’m assuming it transfers power through them?). on the original paperwork it’s called a Europa 1 Cabinet 70x60cm
I’m guessing that if I can get inside the mirror I’ll be able to replace the demister pad, any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpeg
    IMG_2275.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2276.jpeg
    IMG_2276.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
I have a bathroom cabinet with an LED mirror door and demister.
It looks as if there are two mirrors.
The demister has stopped working, but I have no idea how to open up the mirror.
The inside mirror appears to be affixed with a silicone "bead", which you may need to cut through.
Also I have no idea how it gets its power as the only connection to the cabinet is 3x DTC hinges (I’m assuming it transfers power through them?).
Probably.
See if you can measure (Extra Low) Voltage across any pair of hinges.
I’m guessing that if I can get inside the mirror I’ll be able to replace the demister pad,
Perhaps you should first determine (from the Company which made this product) if any such Spare Part is available.!

The rust on the lower hinge indicates that this mirror door is not new.

Also I have no idea how it gets its power as the only connection to the cabinet is 3x DTC hinges (I’m assuming it transfers power through them?)

See if you can measure (Extra Low) Voltage across any pair of hinges.

The top hinge in the picture looks like it has a plastic/rubber insulator, which the next hinge down doesn't have. If you only have one hinge with that insulator then I'd bet money that will be one pole of the circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back