Bathroom downlight positioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Struggling to come up with a sensible layout for the positions of my bathroom downlights.

It's a 3x2 area with airing cupboard in corner. I've got 7 downlights.

Picture says it all:
IMG_1543.JPG

Wanted a couple over the bath as it's a bit dark at the moment. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Aha. 7 was an awkward number for that space. As soon as I tried 6, it became easier:

image.jpg

Anything in that drawing that might not quite work?

Sponsored Links
Haha, they're a work of art. Stood to attention.

If that's roughly to scale, you need no more than 3 wide angle LED's.
Maybe I'd have been better with wide angle yep. All I could find in the model I wanted were like 35 degrees beam angle. The model is good because its IP65, Fire rated, and (most importantly) insulation coverable so I don't have to mess around buying/fitting hoods or making them out of plasterboard, and won't get the cold spots they would bring.

Maybe I'd have been better with wide angle yep. All I could find in the model I wanted were like 35 degrees beam angle. The model is good because its IP65, Fire rated, and (most importantly) insulation coverable so I don't have to mess around buying/fitting hoods or making them out of plasterboard, and won't get the cold spots they would bring.
Fair enough, but, assuming a ceiling height of, say 2.5m, even a 35° light should give an area of illumination of around 2.25m diameter at 'sink level' and around 2.9m diameter at floor level - so I don't think you would really need as many as 6 or 7 even of them in a 3 x 2.1m room (particularly given that the 'alcove' by the door doesn't really need much illumination.

Kind Regards, John

They look good...definitely too late now though! I've cut the holes, fitted the lights, and wired them all up apart from one as I ran out of Wago connectors.

First time I've used Wago and I'm very impressed. Nice and easy, rock solid connections too. Bye bye screws!

Ideally you would have used click-flow connectors, but Wago's are OK if they are in the proper boxes...

Fixed.

Attachments

• PSX_20161119_095714.jpg
    PSX_20161119_095714.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 390

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back