bathroom "ping pong" light swtich

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a first floor maisonette. My downstairs neighbour has had a new pull switch bathroom light switich installed which reverberates throughout the concrete infrastructure and wakes me in the early hours and is embarrassing when I have visitors who cannot understand where the noise is coming from. What can be done? I'm sure she doesn't realise but I'd like to offer some solutions if and when I complain to her. Help???

Sponsored Links
surely it isnt that loud. you mention concrete - surely this wouldn't transmit sounds like that.

That does sound strange. A switch is usually a momentary click, and that's it. Are you sure it isn't turning something on that is making the noise ?

Sponsored Links
Concrete slabs, (particularly reinforced ones???), transmit sounds very well when directly struck.

I lived in a ground floor flat once, and the stairs were against our end wall (open concrete treads).

We could clearly hear a quite musical scale-like "bong bong bong bong bong..." when anybody ran up or down them....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back