Bathroom Subfloor needs replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Got a major problem with the subfloor in the bathroom. At some time or another there has been a major leak on to the floor and the sub floor now resembles wheatabix. A complete corner on one of the boards has broken off and I can see the concreate base under it. The floor looks to be 22mm T & G stuff.

The room is quite small and so the boards go under the walls to the room on the otherside. The walls are perpendicular to the floor under it and the supporting joists run the same way as the wall. Does this make sense? I don't think there is a joist directly under each of the walls.

How best to replace the floor without the stud walls coming down?

Thanks in advance

Pete

Sponsored Links
Ok. This is what I will do. Cut the boards just short of the wall and support the cut with a new joist. The new boards will then butt up to the new boards on top of this joist.

Being that the bathroom is less than 8' long I will need to cut the boards in to weird lengths and stagger the joins as best as possible.

Will this be ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back