bathroom wall damaged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as above, the wall in my bathroom has become damaged due to water constantly hitting the plasterboard. Th damage isn't too bad, what would you you recommend I do to sort the damage out.

Sponsored Links
Retile to ceiling and fit a shower door.

Andy

You guys are amazing. The response rate on this forum is really good.

That suggestion is good but the problem is that I rent this flat out. There is little point in making it look so nice. In actual fact I would like to uni panel the area, but I do not have the cash to do this just now.

Any other suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Do you normally mount that shower head on a hook on the wall (that is out of view in the photo)? That's the obvious cause of the mould/moisture as that deco is not designed to facilitate a shower on the wall. It's a bath to sit in, and then use the shower head to rinse your hair etc. I hope you have photos of the mess on the day you moved in to prove AND notes on the inventory from the agent - otherwise consider your deposit gone.

Nozzle

Any money spent on your flat will come off your tax bill, just make sure you get a receipt.

Andy

In a few months time I will get unipanels fitted is why I don't want to spend much money on the bathroom just now. I do however like the curtain idea. Im in the process of getting carpets fitted and a few other bits and bobs is why I cannot afford to the refurb

If the plasterboard has become wet it will need removing. The longer you leave it the worse it will get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back