Bathroom waste design check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here!!

I am absolutely pulling my hair out trying to find answers with regards bossing in to the top of horizontal soil pipes.
I have read the regulations and it states nothing more than “should be near the top”…. Great cheers.

I have then read about 4 trillion pages of contradicting answers and plumbers arguing with each other.

Basic jist is… new loft conversion in a bungalow. Bath, shower and basin. The gable end of the house (where the stack is) is in quite prominent view from the front, so I’m very keen to avoid a soil pipe and 3 seperate 40mm’s coming out of the wall.

Everything will be boxed in including the bath (fitting a Mcalpine top access trap and wall mounted 150 center taps to allow this)

Vanity is a wall hung unit with zero space to add an AAV (I spent hours trying to find a trap/waste combo that simultaneously fits and satisfys building control)

I have attached some photos of a mock up I have come up with… toilet left, x3 bosses in to top of pipe to take shower bath and basin, then 90 out through the wall in to a ventilated stack.

Basically… will this work ok without siphoning issues? Logic tells me that the toilet would have to completely fill the entire 110 pipe before I’d have issues which seems unlikely, but would love some more experienced ideas before I tile it all in!

Thanks
IMG_6720.png
IMG_6719.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back