Bathtub sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Since some posts here are very old and things in the trade have moved on, I wondered if Dow Corning 785 is still one of the best silicon sealants to use around bathtubs please. Also how can I apply sealant around bathtub when the space behind the tap is very very tight. Many thanks for your inputs.

Sponsored Links
Hi all. Since some posts here are very old and things in the trade have moved on, I wondered if Dow Corning 785 is still one of the best silicon sealants to use around bathtubs please. Also how can I apply sealant around bathtub when the space behind the tap is very very tight. Many thanks for your inputs.
If you capable then disconnect the tap and fit back when you have siliconed.

I think Dow corning is a good brand but I suspect there are better.
As good as CT1 is it's not good for your situation.

I find the neutral curing Dow Corning 785N easier to work with and much less smelly. You can buy adjustable nozzles for getting into awkward spaces but for a really good finish its best to get the tap out of the way.

As others have said, it's difficult to get right with the taps in situ.

If the taps can't come off then unfortunately it's a knack thing that comes with experience and with the right profiling tools. Masking tape is also a great help in that situation, if the tap(s) can't come off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back