baxi 3 60 pf problem wont light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the pump was running constantly. so i knocked the power off to the system and checked out the honywell smartfit unit near the tank and pump all seemed ok . but when i powered everything up the boilers pilot would not light, i left it for the night as i had decided to replace the boiler pcb the next day. i brought a new pcb and swapped it over, but still cant get the pilot to light , the unit had been working ok befor but would run the pump all day and night

whats going off ?

Sponsored Links
Is/was the pump correcttly wired back to the boiler?

Have you tried resetting the boiler?

yeh pump is correctly wired, and nothing strange on display of smartfit unit, when i turn on the power to the boiler i can hear the valve {think its a three way valve } open, upstairs when this happens i hear it whine twice {its only above the kitchen} and the overheat led comes on , the pump is not running but i dont know if its supposed to or not until the pilot is lit , and i have read mention of a fan in other threads, this is not running either but again i dont know if its supposed to until the pilot is lit?

just a recap incase i missed any important details

we have been in the house for a month and it was empty for a long time befor we moved in, i noticed that the hot water had been left on constant so put it back to auto

our house was nice and quiet at night until i tryed the heating after that i noticed the pump running constantly at night , and thought that the relay had fused in the smartfit unit near the tank but decided that it was the main pcb as switch live was permently live and the pump constantly energized, i guessed that the main pcb would control the switch live

after having the boiler powered down {aprox 30 mins} while i checked the relay in the smartfit unit

it failed to relight when i powered up the system

the next day i changed the pcb , but still the boiler will not light {old pcb was crispy} so needed to be changed

the boiler is a baxi solo 3 pf
with honywell smartfit room unit and pump/valve control unit

Sponsored Links
Your last post stated that the pump was not running. That is causing the overheat fault.

You need to check for 230V at the pump connections. If it is there then the pump is knackered, if it is not, then as long as the switched live on the boiler wiring connector is at 340V then it sounds like the pcb gone.

gas4you said:
then as long as the switched live on the boiler wiring connector is at 340V then it sounds like the pcb gone.

at that voltage i would say the board would definately have gone :LOL: :LOL:

OP if you have a multimeter take the grey box (bottom left) cover off, inside you will find the wiring a 3 pin plug and a 4 pin plug, the pump is the 3 pin plug test the voltage here 240v most likely pump is u/s any other voltage then your probably looking at the PCB or a fault in the boiler itself

ditch said:
how do i reset the boiler ?? just saw this line baxpoti

Turn the control knob to off, leave for 10 seconds turn back on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back