Baxi boiler working but all fault lights on!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please, can somebody help?
My boiler was serviced last year and it is working normally but just noticed that all red lights are on, not flashing but on. What does it mean?
I am about to look for a boiler insurance including an annual service but I am not sure if I this could be an emergency??
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sponsored Links
It means it's heating up normally - the fault lights are also temperature lights (I'm assuming it's something like an 80/100/105 model with a brown control panel - you'll see that temperatures are also marked next to the lights). Don't buy boiler insurance, it'll cost you more than you save, just have a good local boiler engineer's phone number on hand so that you can call them if you need them

Really? Yes, it has temperatures 30,40,50,60,70 and 80 and all of them were on. Now that is off only 3 of them (up to 50) are on.
Thank you so much for your advice. So better a Service per year than insurance...?

Sponsored Links
Yep, the best insurance you can get for most boilers is as follows - keep a separate bank account as an emergency slush fund, and pay your monthly insurance money into that. Don't touch that money unless your boiler needs repairing. Get the boiler serviced annually, and you will find that you end up with a lot more money in your account than you would have done if you'd paid your insurance to a company. You might even have enough put by for a new boiler when the time comes. Your boiler is pretty reliable and not expensive to repair, so there's no reason to throw your money away insuring it

This way everybody wins - you get to have more money and save towards the cost of a future replacement boiler if you need it, and you support a local business rather than a big national one. Couldn't be better

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back