bb and other live progs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me why the sound and pix occasionally get muted from shows like im a celebrity and big brother?

Sponsored Links
They do it when they think their going to talk about someone outside the programme that may be offended and sue them for slander or swear (when its outside the watershed) or even advertise something) not that I watch it either.:cool:

They work on a delay of a couple of minutes. What you are watching at 12:00 actually happened at 11:58. The purpose of this is so they know that there is swearing, inappropriate talk etc. This means they can mute the sound and protect your innocent brain from it.

The benefit of working on a delay is that they have a "heads-up" of any inappropriateness instead of having to sit there with the finger on the bleep button just in case there is swearing.

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Can anyone tell me why the sound and pix occasionally get muted from shows like im a celebrity and big brother?
I wouldn't know as I really DON'T watch em ;)

Scoby_Beasley said:
Zampa said:
I wouldn't know as I really DON'T watch em ;)

I forgot to add.......nor do I.. :oops: ....absolute garbage.

The only 'live-program' (without any muted sounds) we are looking at at the moment is:
Springwatch on BBC 2 :D :D

WoodYouLike said:
The only 'live-program' (without any muted sounds) we are looking at at the moment is:
Springwatch on BBC 2 :D :D
Yea n some of those birds talk dirty, what you think all the chirpings about ? Its (Barry White voice) " Come here n be my lady" !! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

out of interest, big brother actually has a 10 minute delay (last year anyway), as i noted the time on the clock in the house was 10 mins slow. however, i was watching it the other day (channel hopping ;) ) and an f word got through just before the sound cut off. about 1pm. tut tut.

they also mute the sound when they mention any brand names whatsoever. strange that they don't ever get sponsorship from food makers and buy their brands for the shopping list etc.

its got worse this year, going to more extreme lengths. they supply the house with everything in plain packages, with just "orange juice" or "white bread" on a sticker on it, same with everything. previous years they just put a sticker over the brand name.

not that im a regular viewer or anything . . . . . :LOL:

Zampa

crafty1289

YOUR are withIN a STREET OF A ...

DEAF CLUB ...

I was so No , my dad being half deaf , his family were full deaf ,me , like you know...at there parties , etc

ALL OUR FAMILIES ..WE LOVE
FAMILY

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

rowley_birkin2.jpg

Well everybody else is denying it but.....
I do happen to like big brother! :oops:
The boyfriend hasn't noticed yet that the freeview box has disappeared into my room for the live feed on E4!

It doesn't 1/2 p me off!

They desperately want you to watch it (so much so that, as nine pointed out, they've unlocked E4) so when they mute huge swathes of it, why are they surprised that people turn off?

Sponsored Links
Back