Bend copper pipe in-situ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Just wondering how best to deal with the two 15mm copper feed pipes in my screed floor - see picture.

Basically I want them to pop up just after the wood (that will be a stud wall) to feed a utility area I'm building.

I can't solder - so that's not an option.

I don't like the idea of having joints below the surface... so not massively keen on cutting and using push fit/compression elbows.

I'm wondering if I could use a pipe bender on these two runs to pop them up (having drained them). Maybe it's too tight / not enough run.

What would you do (apart from solder)? I've some Hep2O elbows I could pop on.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240711_170805.jpg
    20240711_170805.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Is pipe bending there not going to work? Suspect it's too tight.

What I might do is pop Hep20 elbows on, close to where the partition will be. Then leave a bit of a hole so the elbows are visible. Tile around it.

It will only be a small area and at the back of a utility section - so washing machine in front of it.

Sponsored Links
Assuming they're hot/cold pipes, as opposed to heating pipes, I suggest you call an intelligent plumber (yes, we exist), explain the situation, and tell him you will have water off, and pipes bone dry for him to solder, it will take him 5 mins max, and charge you according to where you live.
Peace of mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back