Best way to block certain areas of light sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I know these lights are solar and now electric, but wasn't sure which other better section to post it in.

They have a dome shaped sensor, which has no settings as such, I want to stop certain sections from working, as the light at the side of the house, but still picks up people walking up and down the road we live on.

They aren't aimed at being for security, only for us to be able to see when we go around the side of the house in the dark.

The only thing I can really think of it black tape over the top half of the sensor?

Not sure if anyone has any other better ideas of how I can fix this, I really only want it coming on when I just come around the side of the house only.

1726169893237.png

Regards
James

Sponsored Links
Black tape to determine which areas need to be covered.
Then black paint for a more permanent solution.

You could use a "Marker Pen", of which the ink can be removed from a polished surface using Methylated Spirit/Denatured Alcohol.
(Test on another polished surface first.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back