Best way to fit LED strip lights to TV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LED light strips state that you should tear off adhesive layer then stick the strip to the back of the TV.

However, with the heat generated by my tv, it's only a matter of time before the strips comes off.

Could i get some recommendations on the best way to stick/ install these without it falling off?

Could fixing electrical or pipe clips around the perimeter of the wall then feeding the light stripes on/through be effective?

Pic 1 - shows TV hung on wall
Pic 2 - shows wall (plasterboard) with tv removed

Attachments

• IMG_20240627_100630260.jpg
    IMG_20240627_100630260.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20240627_093939930.jpg
    IMG_20240627_093939930.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
I am struggling to work out why one would want to have lights around the TV, I would have thought they would be distracting. I used cable clips under my kitchen cupboards, but they are where no one unless down on their knees can see them.

Eric I think the op wants the lights on the back of the TV to give a gentle glow behind it. Philips used to do a version with it built in called ambilight.
I did similiar but stuck the led strip to aluminium angle fixed to the wall mounting fixings on the back of the TV but as the op has it wall mounted perhaps he could get Ali strip and fasten it between the bracket and TV.

I am struggling to work out why one would want to have lights around the TV, I would have thought they would be distracting. I used cable clips under my kitchen cupboards, but they are where no one unless down on their knees can see them.
Apparently, this is the 'cool' thing, kids like in 2024

I was sceptical at first. However, after temporarily hanging them up, I have to admit that I'm sold :mrgreen:

As mentioned by @Sureitsoff? they go behind the TV to give the below effect

1719644865013.png

The lights can pulse to match the TV sounds and the colours can match with those on the TV.

Going to experiment with pipe clips 15mm to see how I get on. If that doesn't work, I'll look into Ali strips

Sponsored Links
Seems a doctored picture, why would the picture look brighter when light behind it, and I remember living in the Sharia in Hassi-r-mell, and we never saw clouds, but rapped around the bracket should work, it depends how flat your wall is, I tried lighting the display cabinets, and the problem is the LED's in the string don't give an even light when reflected off the back, they need some thing in front of them to reflect off, a black plastic TV is not really going to work.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
As said, tried with display cabinet and really needs something to defuse the light 20230227_170703_1.jpgThey were duel purpose, one light the display, and two light that end of the room, the single ceiling light, even with an 8 bulb chandelier does not really put enough light in the room. So we have standard lamps with reading lamps and up lighters as well. But our TV is not the dominant feature of the room. It just hides in a corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back