Block Build Garden House Footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I Wondered if anyone could help with this one. I had a concrete pour done for the concrete footings on my garden house. All ok but the level is a little lower than I would normally like (I left a friend in charge of that one). I usually bring the concrete level upto ground level and then start my block work. This time the level is around 150mil lower than ground level. This is fine as I can start my block work at that level and build out of the ground but just wondered if it is ok to add another layer of concrete around 150mil ontop of the existing pour so that I can start my block work from ground level? I have had a mix repsonse on doing this so not sure if should just avoid that and spend more time with block and engineering bricks to get around it. I have been told by some that doing concrete layers is not good as the adhesion is poor.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back